So you’ve found your audience and are wondering what next? Here’s a handy guide to follow when engaging with your potential new customers on Social Media.
- Be courteous and respectful at all times, even if an opinion differs from your own.
- Be factual where possible. If you are making a statement back it up with sources.
- Reply to all questions directed at you. This can be very difficult, and you may have to draw upon more resources to do this as your presence grows.
- Post relevant content to your field. The better at drawing an emotional response (Happiness, Sadness, Amazement, Anger etc.) the more shareable it will become.
- Create an online customer service and crisis management strategy. This is especially important in the B2C sector where consumers flock to Social Media if they are dissatisfied with a product or service.
- Ask questions! People love to give their opinion on matters, and it’s a great way to gain customer feedback too.
- Use photos where possible. Generally speaking a post with a picture will outperform one without.
- Feel the need to be on EVERY social media platform. Concentrate on 1-2 to start with.
- Start posting until you have built a strategy. What are your objectives on Social Media? Make a plan, monitor your progress and adapt it where necessary.
- Buy followers, likes, comments etc. Read why this is bad here.
- Panic! Social Media is a dynamic exciting and engaging medium to promote your business. Have fun on there!